Thursday, 5 February 2009

Welcome

Hello and welcome to Grovesnor's Recording Techniques.

This is a brand new blog that I have set up to share with you what little knowledge I have of the home recording process. I've been recording my own music at home for a number of years and have enjoyed the process and results. I hope that little things I have learned may assist in some minor way to anyone wanting to make a start on home recording. Ideally users should treat this blog as something far from definitive, but more as a creative reference tool.

For example. In the forthcoming entries I'll be describing how I use various signal enhancers (Compressors, Gates, Harmonic Exciters), EQ'ing and mixing tips - or at least my own personal and preferences, plus the creation of simple but effective synth patches and drum sounds.

Plus, whenever I come across a nugget of inspiration or a really well researched and presented article found on this 'ere internet I'll post up a link.


I hope you'll find it useful.

Best wishes
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment